Millennial Legal Education Private Limited, a company registered under the Companies Act, 2013, (Hereinafter referred to as “the Company” or “Company” or “us” or “our”) is the registered owner of the brand name 'Law Community' and the website www.lawcommunity.in or learn.lawcommunity.in, sub-pages and mobile application in name of 'Law Community' (Hereinafter referred to as "Portal"). These Terms govern the use of the Portal and use of the services provided on the Portal. It is recommended that these Terms are read and understood carefully before accessing the Portal. Visiting, accessing or using the Portal or any service on the Portal is deemed to be the acceptance by the User of these Terms. Company reserves the right to amend, modify, change, delete part of these Terms, any time, by way of posting such amended Terms on the Portal, without any prior notice to anyone.
Some of the sections and/or services provided on the Portal may be subject to additional terms, rules and regulations which are either set out below or stipulated at appropriate places on the Portal.
The terms ‘You’, ‘Your’, ‘User’, ‘Visitor’, shall mean and include each natural or legal person visiting, accessing, browsing, downloading or using the Portal, in any manner either as unregistered or registered User of the Portal.
- restricting, suspending, or terminating any User's access to all or any part of Company’s Services;
- deactivating or deleting a User's account and all related information and files on the account. Any amount remaining unused in the User's Account or Winnings Account on the date of deactivation or deletion shall be transferred to the User's bank account on record with Company subject to a processing fee (if any) applicable on such transfers as set out herein; or
- refraining from awarding any prize(s) to such User.
User agrees and undertakes as follows:
- to provide true, accurate, current and complete information at the time of registration and at all other times (as required by Company). Users further shall to update and keep updated information provided at the time of registration;
- A User shall not register or operate more than one User account with Company.
- Users shall ensure that company e-mail addresses and phone numbers shall be marked as and added to safe senders list. Company shall not be held liable if any e-mail/SMS remains unread by a User as a result of such e-mail getting delivered to the User's junk or spam folder.
- Any password issued by Company to a User shall not be disclosed to any person. No User shall access the account of any other User in any manner either with or without permission of the User owning the account. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their accounts and passwords. Users agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of their passwords or accounts or any other breach of security.
- Users shall exit/log-out of their accounts at the end of each session. Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if the User fails to comply with these requirements.
- Users agree not to use cheats, exploits, automation, software, bots, hacks or any unauthorised third party software designed to modify or interfere with the Services and/or Company experience or assist in such activity.
- Users agree not to copy, modify, hack, corrupt, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software owned, used, leased, developed by for running, operating, maintaining, updating Portal or providing Services.
- Users agree not to disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (a) any computer or server used to offer or support Company or the Services (each a "Server"); or (2) the enjoyment of Services by any other User or person.
- Users shall not institute, assist or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation to distribution of a virus, denial of service, or other attempts to disrupt Services or any other person's use or enjoyment of Services.
- Users shall not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the User accounts, Servers or networks connected to Services by any means other than the User interface provided by Company, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or instigating or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that underlies or is part of Services.
- User shall not publish any content that is patently false and untrue, and is written or published in any form, with the intent to mislead or harass a person, entity or agency for financial gain or to cause any injury to any person.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Users shall not use Portal for any of the following:
- To engage in any obscene, offensive, indecent, racial, communal, anti-national, objectionable, vulgar, discriminatory, defamatory or abusive action or communication;
- To harass, stalk, intimidate, threaten, or otherwise violate any legal rights of other individuals;
- To publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate (collectively, "Transmit") any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content;
- To Transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another person's computer, Company, any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- To advertise, offer or sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose on Portal without the express written consent of Company;
- To download any file, recompile or disassemble or otherwise affect our products that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner;
- To collect or store personal information about other Users;
- To interfere with or disrupt Portal, servers, or networks;
- To impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a representative of Company, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent User's affiliation with a person or entity;
- To forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through Portal;
- To do, on or through the means of the Portal, any act, deed or thing that threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign States, or public order, or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting other nation.
- To Transmit any content or indulge in any manner that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or proprietary rights or any intellectual property right of other persons.
- Company shall not be held responsible for any content contributed by Users on the Portal.
- TERMS OF SERVICES
Age of Users- Only Users above 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in country of User can avail Company’s Services. The Company reserves the right to terminate any account of User who is below the age of 18 years or under the age of majority in such User’s country.
TYPES OF SERVICES
The Company provides or may provide in future, Services, listed below, which may be provided by the Company either free of charge or in lieu of a fee:
- Courses– Company offers specialised courses by legal practitioners having years of experience, who are experts in their respective fields. Such Courses are provided at a cost to the User. Upon payment of the Course Fee, User is provided with access to the Course on Portal for a limited duration mentioned under the additional terms and conditions of the Course purchased by the User. User agrees and acknowledges that the additional and special conditions of the particular Course purchased by User shall also be deemed to be part of these Terms and in case of conflict between any of the terms contained in these Terms and the special terms of the Course, such special terms of the Course shall prevail.
- Community Service- Company may also offer for free or for charge community service enabling Users to exchange ideas, disseminate information, interact and discuss, with other Users;
- Informational Services- Company provides free of charge, content in form of articles, blogposts, presentations, audio-video presentations, graphics, etc aimed at informing Users on laws and legal subjects.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, to (a) access and view any Course and other content on Portal solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes and (b) access and view any User Content to which you are permitted access, solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes. You have no right to sublicense the license rights granted in this section.
Use of Services- In order to be eligible to use the Portal/Services and to continue using the Portal/Services, User agrees to abide by the following:
- to provide basic information, personally identifiable information, which is true, complete, and accurate, in all respects and agree not to submit any particulars which are false or any information to which User does not have any right or authority to provide. User is solely responsible for safeguarding User’s account and User agrees not to disclose password to any third party. You shall not use false identities or impersonate any other person or use a username or password that you are not authorized to use.
- User agrees to use all Company’s Services, in accordance with the applicable laws, rules and regulations, or any other specific restrictions on the use of the Service or content therein.
- User may be asked to provide information regarding User’s education, employment, profession, or status of vocation etc.
- You agree not to distribute on any platform, through any medium, any part of the Portal, without Company’s prior written authorization.
- To find more information about Services, or if any assistance is needed in respect of Services, please write to us at email@example.com
In order to access certain features of the Portal, and to enrol for Courses, you must register to create an account ("LC Account"). Your LC Account and your LC Account profile page will be created for your use of the Portal based upon the personal information you provide to us
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Intellectual Property Rights- The Portal includes a combination of content created by the Company, its partners, affiliates, licensors, associates and/or Users. The intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights“) in all software underlying the Portal and material published on the Portal, including (but not limited to) Courses, articles, contests, software, advertisements, written content, photographs, graphics, images, graphics, illustrations, marks, logos, audio or video clippings and flash animation, is owned by the Company, its partners, licensors and/or associates. Users shall not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the materials or content on the Portal either in whole or in part without express written consent/license from the Company.
User’s Content- Users are solely responsible for all materials (whether publicly posted or privately transmitted) that they upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Portal (“Users’ Content“). Each User represents and warrants that the User owns all Intellectual Property Rights in the User’s Content and that no part of the User’s Content infringes any third-party rights. Users further confirm and undertake that User shall not display or use names, logos, marks, labels, trademarks, copyrights, or intellectual and proprietary rights of any third-party on the Portal. Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its directors, employees, officers, representatives, affiliates and assigns against all costs, damages, loss and harm including towards litigation costs and counsel fees, in respect of any third party claims that may be initiated against the Company or its directors, employees, officers, representatives, affiliates and assigns, including for infringement of intellectual property rights arising out of such display or use of the names, logos, marks, labels, trademarks, copyrights or intellectual and proprietary rights on the Portal, by such User or through the User’s commissions or omissions.
License by User-Users hereby grant to the Company and its affiliates, partners, licensors and associates a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, and/or publish Users’ Content for any of the following purposes:
- displaying Users’ Content on the Portal in any form, medium, or technology;
- distributing Users’ Content, either electronically or via other media, to other Users seeking to download or otherwise acquire it;
- storing Users’ Content in a remote database accessible by end users, for a charge;
- using or posting User’s Content on any platform – print, online, offline for any purpose including marketing, promotion or advertising of Platform or Company’s Services or any other purpose;
- Editing, modifying or deleting part of User’s Content for any of the above purpose;
User agrees that the grant of license by the User to the Company in User’s Content as above shall not absolve User of liability of all kinds in relation to User Content and the User shall always remain liable or responsible to the exclusion of the Company, for whole or any part of the User Content.
All names, logos, marks, labels, trademarks, copyrights, or intellectual and proprietary rights on the Portal belonging to any person (including User), entity or third party are recognized as proprietary to the respective owners and any claims, controversy or issues against these names, logos, marks, labels, trademarks, copyrights or intellectual and proprietary rights must be directly addressed to the respective parties under notice to the Company.
- THIRD PARTY SITES, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS
Portal, or communication by the Company via email, on social media pages of the company, and/or User’s account, may contain links to other internet sites owned and/or operated by third parties. Users’ use of each of those sites owned/operated by this parties is subject to the terms and conditions of use, if any, posted by or applicable to use of such sites. The Company does not exercise control over any such third-party internet sites or any other internet sites. Company does not make any representation and/or warranty about the authenticity or correctness, integrity or quality of such sites, any content posted on or any goods or services available on such sites. Company has not reviewed, any material, including goods or services, made available through third-party sites, and thus cannot be held responsible for any content residing in any third-party internet site. Users agree that visit or access to any such third-party site/page shall be at User’s own risk and Users are requested to exercise caution and make an informed choice in interacting with such third-party sites. It shall be User’s responsibility to ensure that User is familiar with the policies of such sites before User engages with such third-party sites, in any manner.
The availability of these links on the Portal does not represent, warrant, or imply that Company endorses any third-party sites or any materials, opinions, goods, or services available on them. Third party materials accessed through or used by means of the third-party sites may also be protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws
You recognize that Company has the privilege however not the commitment to utilize and show any postings or commitments of any sort and that Company may choose to stop the utilization and show of any such materials (or any segment thereof), whenever under any conditions.
- PAYMENT TERMS
Users can enrol for any paid Course by paying the fee listed against the said Course ("Course Fee"). When We confirm an enrolment requested by a User, Company will send the User an email, text message or message via any messaging application confirming such enrolment, depending on the selections you make via the Portal. Company collects the Course Fees from Users at the time of the enrolment request. The User agrees that User will not be able to access the Course without paying the Course Fee.
The Course Fee once paid cannot be refunded to the User only under the terms and conditions stipulated under the Refund Policy of the Portal. You agree that Company through its Portal would raise system generated invoice to the User in relation to the Course for which the User has enrolled or in relation to any kind of payment done, as per applicable laws. User will raise invoice for the above which shall be inclusive of all applicable Taxes.
Users making payment on the Portal, agree to be bound by the following payment terms that all transactions on Portal shall be in Indian Rupees and that the User is responsible to ensure that the instrument used to make the payment on Portal belongs to User and/or User is legally authorized to use such instrument.
User understands and acknowledges that appropriate governmental agencies, departments or authorities (the "Tax Authority") where the User is located may require Taxes to be collected from Users on the amount of Course Fee and to be remitted to the respective Tax Authority.
- CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
Please read these Terms carefully before enrolling for any Course, because once the User has enrolled for a Course User cannot change, cancel your purchase. Once you make the required payment, it shall be final and there cannot be any changes or modifications to the same and neither will there be any refund of the Course Fee.
- DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Subject to the applicable law and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Company will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage suffered by User through use of or access to this Portal, or Company’s failure to provide this Portal. Company will make best endeavors to ensure that the Portal is error-free and secure, however, neither the Company makes any warranty that the:
- Portal will meet Users’ requirements
- Portal will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free;
- quality of any products, the Services, information, or other material that Users purchase or obtain through the website will meet Users’ expectations.
The information Services offered on or through the portal and by company and any third-party sites are provided “As is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that the Portal or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free that defects will be corrected or that any part of this Portal, including bulletin boards or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Portal or materials on this Portal or on third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
In no event will Company's aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with these Terms and your use of the Portal and Services including, but not limited to, your enrolment of any Course, or from the use of or inability to use the Portal, Services and in connection with any Course or interactions with any other Users, exceed the amounts User has paid or owe for enrolments and Services in the three (3) month period prior to the event giving rise to the liability. The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between Company and you.
- DELETION OR SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNT
- Grievance Redressal
In terms of the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000, as amended from time to time and rules made thereunder, the contact details for grievance redressal are given below:-
Time – Monday to Friday (9.00 am to 4.00 pm)
User must mention the subject of a mail sent for grievance redressal as ‘Grievance’. On receiving such complaint, grievance or notice, the Company reserves the right to investigate and/or take such action as the Company may deem appropriate. The Company may reach out to you to seek further clarification or assistance with the investigation, or verify the statements made in your complaint, grievance or notice, and you acknowledge that your timely assistance with the investigation would facilitate the redressal of the same.
- GOVERNING LAW
These terms shall be governed by the laws of India, without regards to any conflict of law provisions, and for resolution of any dispute arising out of your use of the services.
- AMENDMENT OF TERMS
Company reserves the right to amend, modify, change, delete part of these Terms, any time without any prior notice to anyone. It is recommended that these Terms are read and understood carefully before accessing the Portal and visiting, accessing or using the Portal or any Service on the Portal is deemed to be the acceptance by the User of these Terms.